The Lion Electric Co. (Lion) unveiled its first all-electric Class 8 urban truck on March 11th 2019. The Lion8 will be commercialized this Fall and the first vehicle will be delivered to Société des Alcools du Québec (SAQ). Industry and market leaders, the Minister of Economy and Innovation, Pierre Fitzgibbon, Minister of the Environment and the Fight Against Climate Change, Benoit Charette, and Minister Responsible for the Laurentides Region, Sylvie D’Amours were all present at the unveiling.
The Lion8 is designed, created, and manufactured to be electric and has a range of up to 400 kilometers on a single charge. The elimination of noise pollution, optimization of visibility, and unparalleled turning radius make the Lion8’s driving experience safe, enjoyable, and incomparable.
Lion8 Key Benefits:
- Zero-emission solution: 40% of GHG emissions in Quebec come from transportation, specifically from heavy-duty vehicles;
- No noise pollution;
- 80% energy cost reduction;
- 60% operational cost reduction: Lion8 components require very little maintenance and further minimize its total cost of ownership;
- Lowest total cost of ownership;
- Oil-free operation, with very few moving parts, and brakes that last longer thanks to a regenerative braking system;
- Custom-built and engineered in Quebec to withstand North American weather and road conditions.
Lion benefitted from the Quebec Government’s support to develop this innovative technology
*Excerpts from The Lion Electric Co. Press release