Ministère de l’Économie et de l’Innovation’s mission is to support the growth and development of businesses, entrepreneurs, science, innovation, exports, and investment.
The Ministry also advises the government on how to foster economic development across Quebec, with a view to:
- Job creation
- Economic prosperity
- Sustainable development
The land transportation equipment industry is a strategic economic sector in Quebec, with:
- 620 companies that employ nearly 32,000 people
- Annual sales of $10.2 billion, including $3.8 billion in exports to other parts of Canada and abroad
- An innovative ecosystem made up of some thirty universities, research centers, and organizations dedicated to research and development, plus a testing and certification center
The future of the industry lies increasingly in the integration of information and communication technologies (connected vehicles, on demand transportation services, etc.) and the adoption of electric motorization. Quebec’s industry has adapted to this shift, developing world class capabilities in the design and production of connected and smart vehicle components.
Transportation electrification has been a key component of Quebec’s environmental and economic policy for a number of years now. The province’s hydroelectricity—an abundant source of clean, renewable energy—combined with the knowledge and expertise of its local industry players in transportation equipment make Quebec the ideal building ground for entrepreneurs and investors looking to drive progress in the electric vehicle industry.
- Boivin Evolution
- City of Montreal
- City of Pittsburgh
- Compétences VÉ
- Department of Citywide Administrative Services
- Desjardins Caisse de l’Énergie et des Ressources naturelles
- Desjardins Caisse des Transports
- Industrie des systèmes électroniques du Québec
- La Compagnie Électrique Lion
- The Lion Electric Co.